The war memorial was built in in 1921 and dedicated on the 13th February to the memory of 207 men of Southborough and High Brooms. Further tablets were added to commemorate the 44 who died in the second world war. There are conflicting details about who built it, with some saying it was built by Wood and Wallis of Tunbridge Wells out of blue forest of Dean stone and some by Burslems.